Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Once Upon a Final Fantasy: Adventures in FFXI and Beyond

Welcome all to my Final Fantasy blog! I am currently playing Final Fantasy XI. My main character is a Taru on Asura. My handle is Bradybones, so be sure to say hello if you see me online!

I have played FFXI off and on since the first year it was released in North America. Every now and then I find it's time to take a break from the game, but somehow the magic just keeps bringing me back.

I think the hardest part for me within this game world is the dependence upon other people to truly enjoy the game. When you pull up your Friend list and most of the names have remained gray for months, a nagging sort of despair fills the room and you can't help but grow a bit saddened at the thought. Don't get me wrong, the life of the game is far from extinguished -- at least until FFXIV is released. Still, even then, I believe there will be the lingering die-hard fans who refuse to be torn from the lands of Vana'diel.

One of the most appealing parts of this game has to be the economy. I've never been overly successful at it, now mind you, but I've had my good runs. I like the crafting system and I like finding those niche opportunities before someone else discovers them and floods them to hell. It didn't happen so much back in the day, but it's somewhat of a staple in today's economy. Then again, there are ways other to make gil in FFXI than craft spamming. When you can get static groups doing things and have access to certain expansion areas, the world sort of opens up a bit more. But I'll talk about that more later.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment