Friday, March 5, 2010

Chains of Promanthia Progress!

Well, it took quite a few hours of shouting in Whitegate, but I finally put together a team to tackle the Airship fight and then Tenzen. I'll write more about these specific fights soon. Actually seeing Sea for myself left me much more impressed than I had expected. Was it worth the days of agony spent fruitlessly trying to get a group formed? Eh... I'm not sure.

I don't have a whole lot of friends in the game anymore, most of the people I interact with are closer to acquaintances. Asking for help is a joke, even though most would gladly accept any offer of my time for their own pursuits. Now that I have Sea, I really don't have much I can do in there. My BLU is now 73, just shy of 74, so it won't be long before I can solo some of the mobs there without too much issue by subbing NIN and having Utsusemi: Ichi and Ni available. Coincidentally, that's also the time when Imps become a much safer soloing option as well. I still need a few spells in the area, though, so I'll probably go hand out and try to learn them before leaving for better experience points.

With Disseverment finally in my spell list, I tried flagging up for a party the other day. Nothing. I'm not even sure where people group at 73 these days. Another issue is that BLU is one of those jobs that can just be plain amazing in a party if played right, however few players actually take the time to learn how to maximize damage and factor in party beneficials. This leaves BLU in a somewhat bad position when it comes to forming up experience points parties. People just automatically assume you're stupid.

So, instead of just sitting around town I have taken to campaign a bit, but have spent the majority of the last few days doing Fields of Valor in Sky as BLU/BST. It's odd though, I am finding that even with the same +CHR gear that I was using as RDM/BST, I am getting a noticeable increase in failed charms. Nothing too bad, yet, but it is a little annoying. Funny though, I also notice that I seem to fail more when I neglect to refresh my metallic body and zephyr mantle. Yes, it could be a statistical anomaly, or maybe the game really does hate us? ;)

I've read that the first rounds of Beta (or Alpha, as some insist) invites were sent out on the 1st of March. I am admittedly a little disappointed that I did not receive one. Now, no need to panic. There will be additional invites being sent out as the testing progresses in stages. That means that just because you or I weren't invited to the first stage, it doesn't mean that we will be precluded altogether. There is still hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment