Sunday, April 25, 2010

FFXIV Beta Leaks?

So, I've been looking around the internet for more information about FFXIV, but there isn't a lot out there. Of course, that's a good sign as it means that not many people are breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). One of the biggest offenders I've seen to date has been Order of the Blue Gartr. The violations haven't been from the forum moderators but from the community. The Mods have a policy of removing the screenshots and data when they locate it, but with the number of posts it's near impossible to do without the content being flagged by other members of the community. I've also read that this has been a very big problem on Slashdot as well.

While I don't advocate breaking the NDA during beta tests by any means, it's hard to resist trying to snag a hint at the latest scoop floating around the internet. I have successfully Beta tested three different times and not once did I break the NDA, but that doesn't mean I will immediately turn off my monitor and perform a reboot if I come across leaked information.

The majority of the stuff I've read has been really good. Many reports suggest that once you've played Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XI seems mundane. That's good news. FFXI has been a source of countless hours of enjoyment for me, so if this latest installment of the MMO series for Final Fantasy blows away all previous expectations... well, that will leave me being a very happy camper.

2 comments:

  1. If somebody leaks out information, it's not our problem now is it? =P And it's not bad to try to search for such content either.. It doesn't do SE much harm. If you tell that info to other people though, that might be a different case. But if only you look at the leaks, no harm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont get this from SE... they never release much info, and ffxiv launch is just 2 months away. Most people who played and enjoyed XI will buy the game, but someone who doesnt know anything about FFXI or FFXIV wont have any information except a brief trailer to decide whether or not to buy the game.

    ReplyDelete