Thursday, April 8, 2010

Taking a break from FFXI?

I haven't logged into FFXI for a few days and I haven't really missed it all that much. I was doing well with my Trial of the Magian axes, but I don't know. I guess it's been a rough week for me. I spent last night working on two of my computers and applying updates and whatnot. I just didn't feel compelled to log in.

This seems to happen from time to time when I start to question the time I spend playing online games. There seems to be so much involved in farming for in-game currency and items and consumables and the list just goes on. At times the process is fun, but other times it seems like more of a chore. To be honest, this isn't one of those times either since I just feel generally apathetic.

I am excited to see if I get in the PS3 version of the FFXIV beta. That would be pretty neat to try out. I am interested to see how well the PS3 integrates with a multi-platform MMO. I play FFXI on my 360 at times and it really isn't anything to brag about.

I'm thinking about starting up on my Master's again in May, which will take a lot of my time. I've also got another little one on the way so there's that as well. I just don't see myself devoting the time to take one or more jobs up to the new level caps. But I must admit, it is kind of nice seeing people all over again, that's definitely a plus in regard to the server consolidations. My auctions were going well too and I actually made decent profit selling bolts.

Who knows, maybe I'll give it a few days and see how I feel. I'm sort of planning on taking a few Microsoft cert tests soon and was toying with the idea of taking the first at the end of this month. If I can juggle studying with play time and spending time with the family, sure, why not?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment